Collaborative Comedy Competition
Join us for this bi-weekly comedy show…with a twist. Each show features eight comedians competing in head to head match-ups until one comic is left standing. The audience is invited to submit topics prior to the start of the show. At the beginning of each round, we will draw one of the topics and each comic tries to come up with jokes about the topic. At the end of each round, the audience picks the winner based on who they feel did the best job on the topic.
Our goal is to spread laughter not the virus. Therefore, we will be following all public health guidelines, specifically:
- While we are eager to entertain you, if you are feeling unwell we ask you to please stay home. You can give your tickets to a friend or simply contact us and let us know you were feeling unwell and we will give you a credit to come to another show when you are feeling better.
- Barring a medical issue that prevents them from doing so, all audience members and comics are expected to wear a mask when they are not eating, drinking or performing. Please note that as CoBrie is in a shopping centre, you are expected to wear the mask as soon as you enter the shopping centre.
- There will be a plexiglass divider between the audience members and the performers to prevent germ transmission while the comics are performing.
- Appropriate measures are also being taken with respect to microphones to ensure the safety of the comics.
- Capacity will be limited to 50 people. Tables will be spaced out with up to 3 people per table.
- To minimize the handling of cash, we ask to the extent possible people reserve their tickets online (see below). Payment options include credit card or etransfers.
- To minimize risk of having people share pens and pads, topic suggestions will only be taken by people registering online as part of the checkout process.
Commitment to Accessibility
CoBrie Restaurant is wheelchair accessible. While washrooms are downstairs, there are 2 Family/Accessible/Gender Neutral washrooms in the Carlingwood Shopping Centre. Should you require the assistance of an attendant at the show, there is no need to purchase them a ticket. Simply contact us and let us know and we will set aside a ticket for them.
We are also pleased to offer closed captioning / ASL interpretation if needed. We simply ask that should you need closed captioning / ASL interpretation, that you let us know before 1PM the day of the show (see question about closed captioning /