The Bicycle Ball
Come to the Bicycle Ball!
Enjoy a night of live music, fun, food, and entertainment, all in sustainable style, celebrating and supporting a sustainable Ottawa. Hosted in the beautiful Horticulture Building at Lansdowne, guests will meander through a low-carbon retro street-scape, calling to mind our past and pondering what is possible in our low-carbon future. We invite our guests to party like it’s 2050, while enjoying:
- Signature locally sourced cocktails and plant-based apps
- DJ sets by DJ Fun
- Live swing band sets, by The John Avondale Orchestra
- Live dance performance sets by Side Street Swing and Moov Ottawa
- Live performance by Apollo the Child and Mini Cirque
- Indigenous and Historical Storytelling
- Vintage bicycle expo by Retro-Rides, and the Museum of Science and Technology
- Interactive live painting and collaborative visioning
- Cash bar by Thyme and Again, supporting the Ottawa Sustainability Fund
- Complimentary transportation by OC Transpo and/or discounted Lyft service
- Secure Bike Valet
- Silent Auction
- And more…!
Be it bicycles, music, food, dance, or just a good time with friends, the Bicycle Ball will be a night to remember – and all in support of local environmental non-profit, EnviroCentre, and the Ottawa Sustainability Fund. Come share your vision, show your sustainable style and party into the low-carbon future.
Line up of live acts: Streetdancing by Moov Ottawa – Swingdancing by Side Street Swing – DJ set by JFUN –Stiltwalking and mime act by Andrée Rainville of the Ottawa Circus School – Swingin’ tunes by the John Avondale Orchestra – Indigenous Storytelling – Historical Storytelling by Randy Boswell of the Historical Society of Ottawa – Spoken Word Poetry by Apollo the Child … and more!